OMRF has selected its third annual Teen Leaders in Philanthropy class.
More than 65 students from across the state applied for the 2015 program. Applicants are limited to Oklahoma high school students. Each must submit a written application and a letter of reference to qualify.
Those selected will visit OMRF monthly throughout the 2015-16 school year to meet philanthropic leaders while learning about nonprofit organizations and the impact giving makes on a community.
The teens will work together on team-building and fundraising projects strategically tailored to instill the basics of philanthropy, development, board structure, networking and fundraising. Students will also take part in a mock board meeting and learn strategic use of social media.
The past two classes worked to create, organize and operate two community-wide events to raise money for childhood disease and autoimmune disease research at OMRF.
“It’s great to meet so many outstanding young Oklahomans who truly care about making their community a better place,” said OMRF Director of Development Kelley McGuire, who coordinates the group. “This program is just the beginning in their philanthropic experience, and we look forward to seeing the good they will do in the future.”
The 2015 Teen Leaders in Philanthropy are:
· Bishop McGuinness — Charlotte Edmonds, Jarett Lewis, Chika Nwanebu
· Bridge Creek — Piper Demoe, Mak Mueller, Macie Shelden
· Casady — Leighton Gelnar, Colton Gelnar, Kira Sindhwani
· Classen SAS — Cookie Duong, Joseph Eid, I.B. Legg-Jack, Paula Tran, Evan McKinnis
· Deer Creek — Santina Cherian, Ritu Shah
· Dove Science Academy — Marcel Martinez
· Edmond Memorial — Isha Jhingan, Raghavendra Pai
· Edmond North — Maggie Jones, Ferris Kalidy, Supriya Kohli, Christina Li, Cathryn Payne
· Edmond Santa Fe — Marie Fawad
· Fletcher — Delana Holden
· Heritage Hall — Edward Armitage, Madison Baetz, Sam Kakish, Kate Hardberger, Kylee Keller, Sofia Horky
· Jones — Chloe Caldwell
· Newcastle — Sarah Soliman
· Norman North — Anna Smist, Lucy Fulkerson
· Northwest Classen — Nate Bullock
· Oklahoma Christian School — Alex Griffin
· Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics — Vy Dinh, Akshaya Santhanaraj
· Putnam City North — Josephine Nwankwo
· Southeast High School — Luis Ambrosio, Monica Avila, Christopher Coronado
· Southwest Covenant — Matti Betts
· Trinity — Hannah Story