Full Length Plasmid Sequencing
Utilizing Oxford Nanopore Technology sequencing platforms we have the ability to fully sequence entire plasmids without sequencing primers or PCR. Runs are performed every Monday and Wednesday. For technical questions and assistance, contact Graham Wiley.
- DNA must be 30-50 ng/ul ≥ 10 ul and quantified using a fluorometric method (i.e. Qubit)
- Files returned will include a .fasta sequence file and an .html summary file containing a complete annotation of each plasmid, along with read length and quality histograms
- Sample Submission Cutoffs:
Samples for Monday runs must be submitted by 5pm the previous Friday.
Samples for Wednesday runs must be submitted by 5pm the previous Tuesday.
- Sample drop-off points are the refrigerators in rooms E324 and C102.
- Request the service: (iLab)
- Accessing your results: Select the “View My Requests” tab in iLab. The file is under your sample manifest.
Sanger DNA Sequencing
The OMRF Sanger DNA Sequencing facility provides low-cost Sanger method DNA sequencing to OMRF and OUHSC investigators, as well as investigators from other Oklahoma universities and schools. The Facility’s ABI 3730 capillary sequencer is capable of running 180 samples per day using purified plasmid or PCR amplified DNA. Operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Samples received before 1:00 are generally ready the next afternoon. Starting July 1, 2022, the cost will be $8.50 for OMRF, and $9.50 for Oklahoma educational institutions, out-of-state, and for-profit organizations.
Concentrations and Volumes
Plasmid DNA: 100 ng/ul, 5 ul for each primer to be used
PCR DNA: 2 to 10 ng/ul depending on size, 5 ul per primer
Primers: between 3 and 5 uM, 5 ul per template
Sample drop-off points are the refrigerators in rooms E324 and C102.
Maximum read length per primer < 1kb
The Sequencing Facility provides the following primers:
T7, T7 terminator, T3, SP6, BGH Reverse, M13 Forward (-20), M13 Reverse (-27).
Primer sequences are:
M13 Forward GTA AAA CGA CGG CCA GTG
M13 Reverse GGA AAC AGC TAT GAC CAT G
T7 Promoter GTA ATA CGA CTC ACT ATA GGG
T3 Promoter CAA TTA ACC CTC ACT AAA GG
SP6 Promoter TAC GAT TTA GGT GAC ACT ATA G
BGH Reverse TAG AAG GCA CAG TCG AGG
T7 Terminator GCT AGT TAT TGC TCA GCG G
The Sequencing Facility welcomes custom primers that fit our guidelines.
- have a Tm of 55o-60o C
- length of approximately 18-24 bases
- contain no mismatches
- no secondary structure (particularly at the 3′ end)
- no long strings (<4) of any single base, especially G or C
OMRF Researchers Your sequencing data has been placed in a folder on an OMRF server. This folder is only for temporary storage of data.
Contact Sheryl at 405-271-1362, for information on accessing your data.
Mail samples to:
c/o Sheryl Christofferson
825 NE 13th Street
Mail Box 27
Oklahoma City, OK 73104